Monday 29 October 2012

ASIAN CALL CENTERS!

A few months ago I wrote a blog post about my feelings and experiences of Indian call centers. I think it's time for an update.

Some seem to be quite professional and capable of coherent thought without too much access to a script, but they are the exception, rather than the rule. The rule seems to be "keep rigidly to the script, don't allow the client to deviate from the call intention one iota, never listen to what's being said unless the answer is on the script, and never ever offer to put the client through to someone in the UK".

Over the past few days an Indian call center has called me at least once a day and twice on two occasions. Firstly they are calling me when the shouldn't be and secondly they made the following cardinal errors:-
 - On the first call I explained why they were calling in error, but the guy just ploughed on with his call.
 - When I asked to speak to someone in the UK he offered to put me through to his supervisor in Bombay.
 - On the second call he started off by saying "Hello, Richard." I replied I didn't know him and rang off.
 - He phoned back and started with "Mr Hardie" I replied in the affirmative, "I need to ask you some security questions". I told him he needed to firstly tell me who he was and then to ask me if it was convenient to talk. His reply was "What?". Said it all really.
 - On the last occasion the whole thing started from scratch with a new voice but the same script.

I'm now writing a letter. That's one of of those old fashioned things that people used to use to communicate, especially businesses with their customers, before they started using call centers on the other side of the world, that have a different language, different ethics, but a much lower price tag than their UK equivalent.

The plot has been lost, big time!

The foreign phone call is a menacing threat. Not only are most anonymous, soulless call centers overseas, but as a result of cold calls being banned from the UK, companies now bombard us from the Philippines and India about Accident Claims and PPI Claims. They should be closed down once and for all.

Blog on, Dudes!

No comments:

Post a Comment