Gadget

This content isn't available over encrypted connections yet.

Wednesday, 27 June 2012

Aren't Blogs Wonderful!


Okay, they're one way and usually one person's thoughts, but if they're interesting they'll gain an audience for a number of reasons:
- Humour
- Controversy
- Invitation to contribute with comments.
- Variety
- Pretty colours!
- A combination of some or all of the above.

I don't have a pretty colours at the moment as Blogger seems to have unilaterally re-templated my blog site. Unless of course you're a Goth in which case Black and White may be your perfect colours! I do however to provide the rest.

I looked at my stats tonight and asides telling me the numbers at a given time, as well as for that day / week and month, it also tells me which countries people are logging in from and how many by location.

I was staggered to see the following:
- UK (no surprise as I live in the UK!)
- USA ( again no real surprise as my publisher is in the States)
- Russia
- Ireland
- Germany
- Netherlands
- Taiwan
- Canada
- Cyprus
- India
The list is in descending order with the greatest number of visitors in the UK. I was amazed that Russia was so high. I was even more amazed at the number of countries!

So what is a blog like or is it unique?
Unlike newspapers blogs have a single topic  for each post. Unlike letters they're instantly available for those who know to access them. Unlike emails they're a commentary and don't have a defined audience. Unlike texts there's no short-hand and unlike Twitter tweets there's no limit on the size.
There's a purpose in a blog!

Keep on blogging, dudes!

No comments:

Post a Comment