Proof that Christmas is round the corner!
As if anyone needed reminding, Christmas is only a couple of months away. Scary!
But just in case anyone has forgotten, here are a few heavy hints dropped by retailers and anyone who makes money out of the festive season.
1. Christmas cards in boxes and singally are on sale in shops and post offices.
2. Festive wrapping paper is available with matching sticky tape (I won't say Sellotape).
3. Seasonal charity shops are opening in empty retail outlets.
4. Toys are being advertised on TV.
5. Garden centers are selling fake Christmas trees, life size Santas, Pointsettias and glitter balls.
6. Theaters are advertising pantomimes. "Book now. Few seats remaining".
7. It's Sunday night and there's not a thing on TV, unless you love Reality ahows and Ballroom Dancing. I like neither.
What happened to the two hour detective programmes they used to put on every Sunday? Poirot, Miss Marple, Midsommer Murders, Inspector George Gently, Morse....there's not a single one to be seen anywhere. Tonight the only programme of any worth is Merlin and even that is becoming predictable, though it's still good fun.
At least the "post early for Christmas" signs aren't up yet!
Blog on, Dudes!