Saturday 8 September 2012


"ROUND THE WORLD IN
80 BLOG POSTS"



United States



112
United Kingdom
61
Russia
32
India
9
Germany
12
Netherlands
19
Ireland
43
France
24
Canada
6
Taiwan

Ukraine

New Zealand
5

3

4



Not for the first time I had a look today at the statistics that Blogger provides. Mostly I look at how many people are reading my posts at that particular moment and probably in total. I also look at which posts people are looking at, which tells me which ones are popular and what type of humour readers prefer. As it happens, I write and post what I want to anyway, but it seems to match the majority of my audience which is lucky for everyone.

Today, though, I looked at my audience and which countries they're based in. I have to admit I had presumed most of readers and blog followers were in the UK and USA and I was right, but what surprised me was that I have 32 followers in Russia, 9 in India and even 3 in Ukraine. Only China is really missing. They say that internet technology has made the world a global village and it would seem to be true. What's more they all (sorry....you all!) seem to be regular readers as my blog averages around 3,000 readers a month and that's increasing.

Strangely, my most popular posts were:
   1. The first few pages of my first book Leap of Faith (I'll post the Amazon link below!)
   2. Rather critical, though humorous posts about bankers and banking
   3. Rather similar posts about advertising and advertisers
   4. A serialised short ghost story set in India by my friend Lakshmi Raj Sharma
   5. My take on the London Olympics and Paralympics.

The over-riding preference seems to be for humorous commentary on aspects of life, and I have to admit that's what I love writing about, so that's what I'll continue to post for as long as people from countries as far afield as the Ukraine and New Zealand tune in.

Meanwhile here's the Amazon link to my book Leap of Faith:
http://www.amazon.com/Temporal-Detective-Agency-Series-ebook/dp/B007XYIFO4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1347120705&sr=8-1
For those in the UK:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Temporal-Detective-Agency-Series-ebook/dp/B007XYIFO4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1347120705&sr=8-1
Have a look. You can download the first three chapters at no charge. Better still, buy it! I guarantee you'll enjoy it.

Blog on, Dudes!

2 comments:

  1. OK re-commenting! I agree, the blogs that always get the most comments and hits are the hunorous ones. As one who majors on hmour, because God help me, what else do I hacve left at my time of life, I'd vouch for that. Also, people get fed up being told How to do this or that. So let the fun times roll!! And roll!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too right, Carol. It's like writing books. Successful authors write about things that interest them and about ideas that intrigue them. That's true of history, historical fantasy, romance, or Sci Fi. It all hinges on how much the author can be absorbed in his topic, because if he can't be, how can the reader become interested enough to finish what he, or she has written.
    Humour is probably the hardest genre of the lot because it encompasses all the of the above. The author needs to have a particular sense of humour and more often than not it's not that of a stand up comedian, though Eddie Izzard comes very close!

    ReplyDelete